[DRBD-user] problem setting up a logical volume with drbd

listslut at outofoptions.net listslut at outofoptions.net
Tue Jul 19 16:55:25 CEST 2011

I can create a Volume Group and the data gets replicated from one
machine to the other.  This command fails though:

[root at thing1 lvm]# /usr/sbin/lvcreate -n vmdata -l 69972 thing0
     Logging initialised at Tue Jul 19 10:53:21 2011
     Set umask to 0077
     Setting logging type to disk
     Finding volume group "thing0"
     Archiving volume group "thing0" metadata (seqno 15).
     Creating logical volume vmdata
     Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/thing0" (seqno 16).
   Error locking on node thing1.eyemg.com: device-mapper: create ioctl
failed: Device or resource busy
   Error locking on node thing2.eyemg.com: device-mapper: create ioctl
failed: Device or resource busy
   Failed to activate new LV.
     Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/thing0" (seqno 17).
     Wiping internal VG cache

I don't know if this is a drbd issue or an lvm.  I can't seem to find
anything on it.

Thanks
Ken Lowther