[DRBD-user] md5 sums mismatch

Łukasz Oleś lukaszoles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:30:18 CEST 2011

W dniu 11 lipca 2011 10:45 użytkownik Felix Frank <ff at mpexnet.de> napisał:
> On 07/11/2011 10:32 AM, Łukasz Oleś wrote:
>> Online verify found 88 4k block out of sync!
>
> 350k out of 3TB?
>
> I'd venture to say this is what can result from unfortunate bit-flips
> somewhere along the way.
>
> Yes, these are bad to have. Yet, as far as I know, few systems can even
> protect you from data corruption happening on the way from RAM to HDD,
> so I disbelieve you're facing a huge problem.

During last week we have made more tests. Firstly, we repeated the
test and again there where mismatches. What is more interesting
corrupted files were on source volume.
Then we repeated test again but files were copied localy(not via
iscsi) and drbd was disconnected. Files were ok.

Any ideas?

--
Łukasz Oleś