[DRBD-user] need information!!!!

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Mon Jul 11 15:25:15 CEST 2011

Le -10/01/-28163 20:59, Edwige Odedele a écrit :

> Hello,
>

> I am writting this email to know something about drbd.
>
> I have install it on 2 of my server.
>
> It works but  I get one problem:
>
> When my primary got a problem and cat work, it is impossible to change
> the status of the secondary to be the primary.
>
> When I make :
>
> Cat /proc/drbd -àI get cs: WFconnecting and finally never connected.
>
> He is normal?

WFconnection is normal when the peer is down. DRBD keeps several status:
network, disks, role. in your situation the node should be WFconnection,
UpToDate and Secondary. If it is, it should be able to go primary.

> What should i need to do ?
>
> I want to know if the secondary could turn to primary even if the
> primary server is down(off).

If your nodes are disconnected and you can't promote the secondary node,
it must have a problem. You should check the kernel log. For example the
disk may be inconsistent. DRBD won't let a node be primary with bad data.

Lionel.