[DRBD-user] Accelerate first initialization

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Fri Jul 8 11:23:29 CEST 2011

On 07/08/2011 11:02 AM, Mrten wrote:
> Look at the manual page for drbdsetup:
>
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdsetup.html#id1405815
>
> under 'new-current-uuid'. Mind, if you ever run a verification the non-equal
> blocks will be transferred anway.

Of course, we only ever do skip initial sync this way if in fact we
*can* sync the disks up otherwise (via RAID1, e.g.).

Setting up a DRBD cluster with unsynced disks is madness.

To the OP: If your machines aren't live yet, you can try and dd your
partitions through the network (via ssh or netcat). It may be quicker
than a DRBD sync.

Cheers,
Felix