[DRBD-user] drbd and pacemaker: unknown error on Redhat 6.1

Christoph Adomeit Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de
Wed Jul 6 16:19:50 CEST 2011

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks, it was just the order statement:-)

I tried to make the simplest possible config for illustration and left
that piece out.

Christoph

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 04:09:23PM +0200, Sebastian Riemer wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> how good do you know Pacemaker? The "order" statement is missing. We
> also use "colocation" and "group" statements to form HA NFS servers.
>
> Could be possible that your setup first trys to mount and later to promote.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sebastian
>
> --
> Sebastian Riemer
> Linux Kernel Developer
>
> ProfitBricks GmbH
> Greifswalder Str. 207
> 10405 Berlin, Germany
>
> Tel.:  +49 - 30 - 51 64 09 20
> Fax:   +49 - 30 - 51 64 09 22
> Email: sebastian.riemer at profitbricks.com
> Web:   http://www.profitbricks.com/
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506 B
> Geschäftsführer: Andreas Gauger, Achim Weiss
>

> On 06/07/11 15:33, Christoph Adomeit wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > we have a problem getting pacemaker and drbd-8.3.11 running und RHEL 6.1
> > We also tried drbd-8.3.9.
> >
> > Pacemaker itself works perfectly when you take over ips or start daemons,
> > but we cant get it to manage drbd resources and mount a drbd filesystem.
> >
> > The problem is: When pacemaker tries to mount the drbd filesystem
> > we get the error:
> > fs0_start_0 (node=lb02, call=31, rc=1, status=complete): unknown error
> >
> > We compiled drbd using:
> > ./configure --enable-spec --with-km --prefix=/
> > make tgz
> > cp drbd*.tar.gz `rpm -E _sourcedir`
> > rpmbuild -bb drbd.spec
> > rpmbuild -bb drbd-km.spec
> > and then installed the resulting rpms.
> >
> > We know drbd very well and the drbd resources are ok and running, we can
> > manage them using drbdadm and see everything is ok. Afterwards we
> > hand over the drbd to pacemaker. When we cold boot the two drbd servers the
> > first server comes up with a valid mounted filesystem but whenever
> > we try to migrate or failover we will see the unknown error.
> >
> > The Logfiles give no more hints.
> >

> > cluster was configured using:
> > crm configure <<END
> > property no-quorum-policy=ignore
> > property stonith-enabled=false
> > primitive drbd0 ocf:linbit:drbd \
> >  params drbd_resource=app \
> >  op monitor role=Master interval=59s timeout=30s \
> >  op monitor role=Slave interval=60s timeout=30s
> >
> > ms ms-drbd0 drbd0 \
> >  meta clone-max=2 notify=true globally-unique=false
> >
> > primitive fs0 ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem params fstype=ext3 directory=/app \
> >  device=/dev/drbd/by-res/app
> > commit
> > exit
> > END

Christoph Adomeit
GATWORKS GmbH
Reststrauch 191
41199 Moenchengladbach
Sitz: Moenchengladbach
Amtsgericht Moenchengladbach, HRB 6303
Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Christoph Adomeit, Hans Wilhelm Terstappen

Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de     Internetloesungen vom Feinsten
Fon. +49 2166 9149-32                      Fax. +49 2166 9149-10