[DRBD-user] Size limitation for DRBD device

Sebastian Riemer sebastian.riemer at profitbricks.com
Mon Jul 4 11:36:22 CEST 2011

Hi Vincent,

please upgrade to DRBD 8.3.11. There was a 16 TiB limit before.

Have a look at this post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/21717?do=post_view_flat

Cheers,

Sebastian

On 03/07/11 17:00, Vincent Maugé wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am facing an issue to create a drbd on large RAID disk.
> On debian squeeze, I get the following message :
> "Device too lage. We only support up to ~16TB"
> I don't find any documentation on device size.
> And on LINBIT support
> (http://www.linbit.com/en/products-services/linbit-cluster-stack-support/support-options/support-packages-world/),
> the only information is support for Device size >8TB
>

> What is the actual limitation for device size and is there a way to
> support device up to 150TB ?
>

> Regards,
>

> Vincent

Sebastian Riemer
Linux Kernel Developer

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
10405 Berlin, Germany

Tel.:  +49 - 30 - 51 64 09 20
Fax:   +49 - 30 - 51 64 09 22
Email: sebastian.riemer at profitbricks.com
Web:   http://www.profitbricks.com/

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506 B
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Gauger, Achim Weiss