[DRBD-user] possibility of "pre-sync" ?

netz-haut - stephan seitz s.seitz at netz-haut.de
Thu Feb 24 14:27:12 CET 2011

Heading back to my former question,
Is it advisable to split huge storage into smaller chunks?

Instead of:

[ ------------- big LV ------------ ]
[ ------------- big VG ------------ ] [ -> expand later ]
 Tgt1                          Tgt2

maybe

[ DRBD PV1 ][ DRBD PV2 ] [ DRBD PV3 ]
Tgt1a  Tgt2a  1b    2b     1c   2c

... just wondering if syncing  would scale better this way ...