[DRBD-user] DRBD startup error - r0: UnknownMandatoryTag

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Fri Dec 23 09:27:07 CET 2011

Hi,

On 12/23/2011 03:37 AM, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> Thanks to both of you guys for your help. Now the error is gone but they
> are still in StandAlone mode instead of connected:

did you start DRBD by initscript? Looks as though you used "drbdadm
attach" on each node. Don't do that.
You should use "drbdadm up" to activate a resource.

Now that the disks are already attached, you can just do
"drbdadm syncer" then "drbdadm connect", on each node respectively.

> It's also strange
> that I'm sure I formated drbd partition with ext3 but is showing as ext2
> in mount:

Ext3 is downwards compatible. You can mount ext3 partitions as ext2, and
your kernel will refrain from using the ext3 journal.

Is there an fstab entry for drbd0? Does it specify ext2 as filesystem?
Or did you mount that manually?

Either way, just be sure that mount knows the FS is supposed to have a
journal, and this should Just Work.

HTH,
Felix