[DRBD-user] DRBD startup error - r0: UnknownMandatoryTag

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 03:37:44 CET 2011

Thanks to both of you guys for your help. Now the error is gone but they
are still in StandAlone mode instead of connected:

[root at cpvmdc1 httpd]# service drbd status

drbd driver loaded OK; device status:

version: 8.4.0 (api:1/proto:86-100)

GIT-hash: 28753f559ab51b549d16bcf487fe625d5919c49c build by root at cpvmdc1,
2011-12-21 17:13:05
m:res  cs          ro               ds                 p       mounted
fstype

0:r0   StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----s  ext2

[root at cpvmdc2 ~]# service drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:

version: 8.4.0 (api:1/proto:86-100)

GIT-hash: 28753f559ab51b549d16bcf487fe625d5919c49c build by root at cpvmdc1,
2011-12-21 17:13:05
m:res  cs          ro                 ds                 p       mounted
fstype
0:r0   StandAlone  Secondary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----s

Is there anything else I'm missing? It's also strange that I'm sure I
formated drbd partition with ext3 but is showing as ext2 in mount:

[root at cpvmdc1 httpd]# mount
/dev/drbd0 on /drbd0 type ext2 (rw)
.
.