[DRBD-user] DRBD (pingACK did not arrived in time issue)

Aditya bajaj aditya1606 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:38:11 CEST 2011

Hello all,

we have a two node cluster setup  , under heavy load (created using many
paralallel ping flood sessions)  the following messages are being observed
in syslog.

Apr 19 09:49:59 err CLA-0 kernel: drbd6: PingAck did not arrive in time

The Device settings are as follows , could please anyone help me?

What should be done now to avoid this "pingACK problem in syslog"

Any help would be really helpfull.

ethtool for the eth interface which is used to communicate b/w DRBD device
is as follows:

# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ FIBRE ]
        Supported link modes:   1000baseT/Full
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  1000baseT/Full
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 1000Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: FIBRE
        PHYAD: 2
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: g
        Wake-on: g
        Link detected: yes

DRBD version : version: 8.0.12.

Br,
Aditya

# drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show
disk {
        size                    0s _is_default; # bytes
        on-io-error             detach;
        fencing                 resource-only;
}
net {
        timeout                 60 _is_default; # 1/10 seconds
        max-epoch-size          2048 _is_default;
        max-buffers             2048 _is_default;
        unplug-watermark        128 _is_default;
        connect-int             10 _is_default; # seconds
        ping-int                10 _is_default; # seconds
        sndbuf-size             131070 _is_default; # bytes
        ko-count                0 _is_default;
        after-sb-0pri           discard-older-primary;
        after-sb-1pri           discard-secondary;
        after-sb-2pri           disconnect _is_default;
        always-asbp     ;
        rr-conflict             disconnect _is_default;
        ping-timeout            10; # 1/10 seconds
}
syncer {
        rate                    30720k; # bytes/second
        after                   -1 _is_default;
        al-extents              257;
}
protocol C;
_this_host {
        device                  "/dev/drbd0";
        disk                    "/dev/VG_62/sysimg";
        meta-disk               internal;
        address                 192.168.0.4:49156;
}
_remote_host {
        address                 192.168.0.5:49156;
}