[DRBD-user] migrating to a new server

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Tue Apr 19 16:37:09 CEST 2011

I'm currently running a 2-node HA cluster - Xen, DRBD 8.2, Pacemaker -
and getting ready to bring some new hardware online.

It's started to occur to me that migrating is going to be just a bit
tricky - particularly if I want to maintain failover capability during
the migration.

Any suggestions as to sequencing for large volumes from the old hardware
to the new hardware - other than the obvious of taking the DRBD
secondary node off-line, pulling it out of the cluster, making one of
the new nodes secondary and letting things sync up?  Given the volume of
data involved, and that I'll be syncing between DRBD 8.2 (old nodes),
DRBD 8.3 (new nodes) - seems like a lot of exposure.

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In<fnord>   practice, there is.   .... Yogi Berra