[DRBD-user] DRBD setup questions

jan gestre ipcopper.ph at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 10:49:08 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM, nash_nash <jigs2410 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am new to DRBD as well as Linux.
>
> While going through DRBD set up steps i figured that i need to create a
> partition and mount it. And also try to allocate space for meta-data.
>
> My question 1) is it possible to do this on a server which is already
> running in development mode. OR do i need to start from scratch?
>
> 2) Can i copy 2 directories over to redundant server for e.g. /home/xxx/yyy
> and /opt/zzz ?
>
> 3) Is it possible to have the directories of different size on primary and
> secondary server?
>

> Please let me any other information is required .I would appreciate any
> help/tips.
>
> Thanks
> --

Hi,

Here's my opinion as regards your questions:

1. Anything is possible, just make sure you have a good back up in
case you messed up, it's better to test first on a virtual machine, at
least that's what I do but if you're adventurous enough go ahead...

2. I suppose you mean you want two directories in HA, yes this is
possible..depends on your style.

3. It's recommended that you have identical hard drive/partition size.

HTH