[DRBD-user] 1 Ethernet card 2 port for DRBD and Heartbeat

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Wed Sep 1 10:25:59 CEST 2010

On 09/01/2010 02:52 AM, Reindy wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm having problem installing my drbd, it stucks when I'm starting the
> drbd it says ""/No/ response from the /DRBD driver/! Is the
> module /loaded/?" I installed it on the server that has only 1 ethernet
> card (2ports) I make eth0 and eth1. I make bond0 and bond1 which eth0
> master=bond0 and eth1 master=bond1. I also installed it again which only
> use eth0 and eth1.
>
> Either way around, its not working and just stuck or hanging there when
> I start the drbd. It came up with the error above "/No/ response from
> the /DRBD driver/! Is the module /loaded/?"
>
> I was managed to installed this drbd and heartbeat in other server (sun
> server or HP server) it was working good.
>
> The sun and hp server got 2 ethernet cards which consists of 2 ports
> each (total 4). I use bond0 and bond1, which eth0,eth1 Master=bond0 and
> eth2,eth3 Master=bond1
>
> So my question is, is this got anything to do to make the drbd got such
> error as above?is it possible for me to install drbd and heartbeat in
> only 1 ethernet card that consists 2 port?
>
> I have done so many installation and all working except for this 1
> server. I have no idea whats wrong with that.

Dual-port network cards simply present two network controllers to the
system. There is nothing particularly special about them.

Please provide details about what OS you are running, what DRBD version
and what you are doing up to the point you get that error.

I suspect you have the user-land DRBD software installed, but not the
kernel module.

Mark.

- --
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, IPR Secure Managed Hosting
www.QinetiQ.com