[DRBD-user] Before swap to DRBD

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Oct 26 10:25:28 CEST 2010

Hi.

> 1) - First of all is the LVM on DRBD is really fiable in production mode ?

Yes. Definitely.

> 2) - In case of DRBD crash on primary is it tools to recovery the
> filesystem and what about the secondary ?

I'm not familiar with any use cases. DRBD does not make it a habit to
destroy your filesystems as far as I know.

If things really go awry, I can picture both your Primary and Secondary
dying. Never heard of anything like that actually occuring, though.

> 3) - To migrate to the new setup I have to configure the secondary
> machine with only one machine as primary to create the logical volume
> and install the vservers. Is it a problem to start DRBD with only one
> machine before install DRBD and LVM on second machine and sync after ?

This will not be a problem. You can also scrap and replace your slave at
any time, new slaves will seemlessly sync themselves to your Primary.

Cheers,
Felix