[DRBD-user] Before swap to DRBD

Sam Przyswa samp at arial-concept.com
Mon Oct 25 21:37:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

Before to swap my Zimbra and Postfix server on DRBD I have some questions:

My actual setup run Zimbra (collaborative app) and Postfix in
virtualization on 2 vserver guest and LVM, each virtual machine / is a
logical volume. I plan to run the LVM over DRBD.

1) - First of all is the LVM on DRBD is really fiable in production mode ?

2) - In case of DRBD crash on primary is it tools to recovery the
filesystem and what about the secondary ?

3) - To migrate to the new setup I have to configure the secondary
machine with only one machine as primary to create the logical volume
and install the vservers. Is it a problem to start DRBD with only one
machine before install DRBD and LVM on second machine and sync after ?

Thanks for your help.

Sam.