[DRBD-user] High load issue at resync

Andreas Kossmann kossmann.andreas at gmx.de
Wed May 19 12:23:03 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have got a big problem with the resync of an active/passive Web-Cluster with DRBD.
The Cluster was first configured as active/active with ocfs2. But we ran in big load average issues at night.
So i've searched about the problem and found these issue at ocfs2.
So wie turned the Cluster to active/passive with ext3.
So i disconnected one node and prepared this node for active/passive. Then we switch over and i prepared the second node in disconnected state.

Now i connected the second node to the cluster and the resync started. First it looked good but after 1 hour the load increases  over 10 on the active node and didn't stop. Then i stop the sync.
I tried it again and the load was 5-10 minutes ok but then the same issue.
The device has a size of 750 G. I also tried to change the syncer rate from 70M to 30M. But it does not resolve the issue.

What is the problem? I don't now what i can do now. And the cluster has to be working .

Thanks for your help

Andreas