[DRBD-user] drbd-mc-0.7.3

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Thu May 20 09:27:01 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 9:50 pm, Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've trying to run drbd-mc 0.7.3
> First time 've tried 0.7.1 which was working fine, then 0.7.2 which works
> but has some minor glitches. now when I'm run 0.7.3 - it doesn't see all
> host online only 1 or another cluster - none at all. it is show nodes
> offline.

Could you attach output of cibadmin -Q on one of these "offline" nodes,
please?

>From what OS are you connecting? Linux? Windows? The SSH library was
updated in 0.7.3, so that could cause problems in the latest release...

> only on none cluster ( out of 4 ) it is working properly., but that
> cluster has only 2 node. sometimes I can see from bottom console when click
> on host:
>
> ssh root at deb2 The kexTimeout (30000 ms) expired.

It could well be that you are running to these timeouts all the time.
In drbd-mc source code, you could edit the
drbd-mc/src/drbd/configs/AppDefaults.java file and set these two timeouts
to something much bigger:

{"SSH.ConnectTimeout",       30000}, /* milliseconds, 0 no timeout */
{"SSH.KexTimeout",           30000}, /* milliseconds, 0 no timeout */

Than you can compile it with "ant jar" command in drbd-mc directory and
start it with java -jar build/jar/DMC.jar command.

If it helps, I'll make the timeouts (better) configurable.

Thanks,
Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc