[DRBD-user] dual primary mode with which FS

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Mar 23 15:02:47 CET 2010

On 2010-03-23 14:52, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 14:12:30 schrieb Andreas.Ruetten at hansenet.com:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> first of all please answer also to my email-address because I'm not
>> subscribed to the ML.
>>
>> Here are my questions:
>>
>> I have to set up drbd 8.0.14 (Debian stable) in dual-primary mode.
>> One node has to read and write while the other node only need read access.
>>
>> Do I need GFS or OCFS?
>
> Not really if you can be sure that the second node ONLY reads.

Are you nuts? I thought you wrote books about this!

>> Or would a simple etx3 sufficient enough?
>
> Yes. Mount option "read-only" in the second node.

I repeat my above statement.

I'm totally baffled right now.

Andreas: you want to put a filesystem on dual-Primary DRBD, it has to be
a cluster filesystem. No ifs, buts, or maybes.

Question is, do you really need dual-Primary DRBD? You most probably don't.

Florian