[DRBD-user] Starting with only one node

Andreas lists at hilboll.de
Mon Mar 15 19:30:22 CET 2010

Hi there,

I am planning on migrating a bunch of servers to use highly-available
Xen via DRBD and Heartbeat. Since I want to minimize downtime for the
production environment, it would be great if it would be possible to
start installing one node, set up the DRBD devices there (with only one
node), install the some Xen domU there on this drbd device, and then add
the second DRBD node later (after freeing up another physical server by
migrating it's guest instances to the new machine). Is there any way to
do this?

Thanks for you advice,

Andreas.