[DRBD-user] Detection of Logical Volume on nested LVM

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 23:54:06 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Olivier LAMBERT
<lambert.olivier at gmail.com>wrote:

> > It just replicates whatever you write to it, no more, no less.
>
> That's why I don't understand why it works fine when LVM clients are
> connected on the same DRBD server, and it doesn't work when each
> client is on separate DRBD server (despite replication is working).
> Can you explain this behaviour ?
>
> Furthermore, I do some tests with cLVM. My cluster is working, I can
> create pv and vg on one node, but the other can't see it. Then, when I
> try to create a LV, cLVM says :
> lvcreate -L82M -n testvol vg_xen
>  Rounding up size to full physical extent 84,00 MB
>  Error locking on node ad37864: Volume group for uuid not found:
> 1xgSmqky8beMkIQSGqYQ0fSC6IdOBOJEg46qEeWY9eV9njYJ2B9zxJwyXIaSHs3h
>  Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.
>

> Sorry if I miss someting...

Just a note from a clvmd point of view.
There are some modifications to make to /etc/lvm/lvm.conf for clvmd.
I thinks this one can be a good starting point in general, also if you
prefer to use HA-LVM instead of CLVMD (discard please if you already set up
it correctly):
 http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-17651
See also the links to docs referred in the same KB.

HIH,
Gianluca