[DRBD-user] Problems with DRBD and OCFS2 in Active-Active Mode

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Jun 21 21:56:05 CEST 2010

>Hi Joseph, thanks for you answer.
>
>I'm using ocfs2 and o2cb driver cluster. With my settings, always when I have split brain situation one node is Standole and the other WFConnection.
>
>Only when I setup the  after-sb-2pri disconnect, the two nodes are Standalone, so I execute the manual split brain recovery.
>
>I want setup a automatic policy to recovery.

Use text mail and reply on list to keep the thread complete and
benefit from the more experienced people on this list.

Anyway, I understood this from your initial post: I pointed you
to a doc that showed some possible configuration of drbd.conf
under similar circumstances.

If you read his config, he uses:

disk {
  fencing resource-and-stonith;
}

Which needs a handler (He wrote his own):

handlers {
  outdate-peer "/sbin/obliterate-peer.sh";
}

Note the net config difference? Both nodes are active, so this calls
possible for some different handling of SB symptom.

The difference is your using OCFS2 and not GFS{2} but it details a logical
procedure. Essentially, the config params you seem to be using are not
applicable to an active/active setup.

jlc