[DRBD-user] block-drbd script with Xen 3.4 ?

Pierre POMES pierre.pomes at interface-tech.com
Tue Jul 27 03:17:00 CEST 2010

  Hi,

The block-drbd script does not seem to work with Xen 3.4. I am using
this config:

disk        = [
                   'drbd:webyulslash,xvda2,w',
                   'drbd:webyulswap,xvda1,w',
                   'drbd:webyuldata,xvda4,w',
               ]

When trying to start the DomU, I got error "Error: Device 51714 not
connected". In xen-hotplug.log, an error is reported:
"/etc/xen/scripts/xen-hotplug-cleanup: line 24: [: !=: unary operator
expected". The code is :

   # if the vm path does not exist and the device class is 'vbd' then we
may have
   # a tap2 device
   if [ $(xenstore-read "$vm_dev" 2>/dev/null) != "" ] \      #<----
LINE 24 IS HERE.
&& [ "${path_array[1]}" = "vbd" ]; the

After some research, this error seems to be identified by the xen dev
team, and is corrected here :
http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?diff/bf74d9c31674/tools/hotplug/Linux/xen-hotplug-cleanup;style=rev%3Dxen-hotplug

I tried the fix, I have no more error "unary operator expected", but the
DomU does not start with still the same error 51714. The drbd backends
are never promoted in primary state.

I am using drbd 8.3.7 (from a git clone + git checkout drbd-8.3.7 +
dpkg-buildpackage) on Ubuntu Lucid, with the Xen 3.4 package backported
from Debian testing.

Did anyone have success with the block-drbd script with Xen 3.4 ? It is
working like a charm with previous version of Xen, at least Xen 3.2 in
Ubuntu Hardy.

Many thanks !

Regards,
Pierre