[DRBD-user] Upgrading to latest DRBD on RHEL 5.5

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Jul 24 12:47:29 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 03:46:50PM +1000, Ivan Teliatnikov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running two nodes active/passive HA cluster (RHEL 5.5)  with
> DRBD 8.2.4.
> kernel version: 2.6.18-194.8.1
>
> What is the latest version of DRBD recommended for redhat?

We always recommend the latest release,
which is now 8.3.8.1

Note that there has been a package split, you need to install several
userland packages now.  You want either all of them (then install the
"drbd" virtual package which pulls in all others).
Or you need
drbd-utils, drbd-udev, and probably one of drbd-heartbeat,
drbd-pacemaker, drbd-cman.

Also note the 4th, "maintenance" figure .1 in 8.3.8.1.
8.3.8 introduced a new feature we realized would be better
re-implemented differently and may cause various problems.
.1 disables it again.

--
: Lars Ellenberg