[DRBD-user] CentOS 5.5, DRBD 8.3.8 and GFS

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Thu Jul 22 17:28:04 CEST 2010

I have a CentOS 5.5 cluster (using cman etc) in order to mount a GFS
filesystem I have running across a 2-node DRBD dual-primary pair.

Things work just fine assuming I start the DRBD service before the GFS
service.

This does not appear to be the default way of things starting. GFS
defaults to starting with S26gfs, while drbd starts as S70drbd.

Before I dive in and change drbd to S25drbd, is there a better way of
doing this, or am I missing something fundamental?

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower