[DRBD-user] Improvement request: drbd.conf - "include" statement

Joe Bill foxycode at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 01:08:27 CET 2010

Dear Linbit,

May I kindly request an improvement to the current DRBD configuration management ?

I would appreciate if an "include" statement existed, that would allow me to import and read at startup configuration instructions specified in different files, in addition to /etc/drbd.conf.

Example, in /etc/drbd.conf, I would like to specify ...

include drbd_common.conf
include drbd_local.conf

.... and have the content of both files read and the included statements used at drbd startup.

The reason is that I am currently considering some higher level management tools for clusters with more than 2 nodes and multiple drbd volumes, and this would greatly simplify interfacing.

Thank you for considering this request.