[DRBD-user] Error creating meta-data

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Jan 12 11:42:00 CET 2010

On 2010-01-09 19:04, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Am Samstag, 9. Januar 2010 18:59:50 schrieb Michael Schwartzkopff:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a fresh installation of  8.3.7rc2 on a fully patched Debian Lenny
>> with kernel 2.6.26-2-686.
>>
>> When I want to create the meta-data on my partition I get the error:
>>
>> # drbdadm create-md r0
>> open(/usr/local/var/lock/drbd-147-0): No such file or directory
>> Command 'drbdmeta 0 v08 /dev/md2 internal create-md' terminated with exit
>> code 20
>> drbdadm create-md r0: exited with code 20
>>
>> Any idea what might be wrong here? Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Michael Schwartzkopff.

> # mkdir /usr/local/var/lock
>
> solved the problem.
>
> Add this to the docs?

No, to the Makefile. :)

http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=commit;h=7e5ab0406a8c65e5b5682e38a2c2878f6820b9bc

Btw, the docs you do want to read are at
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-build-from-source.html#s-build-prepare-checkout
(specifically, check what I wrote about overriding --sysconfdir and
--localstatedir).

Cheers,
Florian