[DRBD-user] update from 8.0.14 failure

Sven Geggus sven at gegg.us
Tue Jan 5 17:59:31 CET 2010

Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> run autoheader once

OK, at least this works.

> well, and it seems it does work for us, too.
>
> maybe you misconfigured your new kernel?

Which options would I need?

Do I still need to use vmalloc=256M Kernel parameter?

>> Any hint on how to fix this?
>
> how about enable large block devices in your kernel?
> hey, just asking... you know, sometimes it is just too easy to see :)

Unfortunately its not that easy:

 ~/ # grep LBD /boot/config-2.6.32.2
CONFIG_LBDAF=y

Any hint on how to further debug this?

As I already said, it works when running drbd 8.0.14 and the older
kernel.

drbd: initialized. Version: 8.3.7rc1 (api:88/proto:86-91)
drbd: GIT-hash: 00b3969cea222fa85fc36f81cb08679acbe6507d build by
root at jupiter1, 2010-01-05 13:06:57
drbd: registered as block device major 147
drbd: minor_table @ 0xedc4df80
block drbd0: Starting worker thread (from cqueue [2740])
block drbd0: ==> truncating very big lower level device to currently maximum possible 4294967295 sectors <==
block drbd0: disk( Diskless -> Attaching )
block drbd0: refusing to truncate a consistent device
block drbd0: disk( Attaching -> Diskless )
block drbd0: drbd_bm_resize called with capacity == 0
block drbd0: worker terminated
block drbd0: Terminating worker thread

Regards

Sven

--
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
	                              (Linus Torvalds)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web