[DRBD-user] update from 8.0.14 failure

Sven Geggus sven at gegg.us
Mon Jan 4 16:19:23 CET 2010

Hello,

I've got two Problems in my effort to upgrade an older installation (debian
etch/drbd 8.0.14) to a more recent Version (debian etch with kernel
2.6.32.2 and drbd 8.3.7rc1). I'm going for the rc1 Version since 8.3.6 does
not seem to compile on 2.6.32.x.

Unfortunately this does not work at all:

1. Problem:
Debian Package does not build:
config.status: error: cannot find input file: user/config.h.in

2. When installing manually from the tarball I get a more serious Problem
afterwords:

 ~/ # drbdadm attach all
0: Failure: (111) Low.dev. smaller than requested DRBD-dev. size.
Command 'drbdsetup 0 disk /dev/sda3 /dev/sda3 internal --set-defaults --create-device --on-io-error=detach' terminated with exit code 10

dmesg shows the following:
block drbd0: Starting worker thread (from cqueue [6849])
block drbd0: ==> truncating very big lower level device to currently maximum possible 4294967295 sectors <==
block drbd0: disk( Diskless -> Attaching )
block drbd0: refusing to truncate a consistent device
block drbd0: disk( Attaching -> Diskless )
block drbd0: drbd_bm_resize called with capacity == 0
block drbd0: worker terminated
block drbd0: Terminating worker thread

This _did_ work bevore with the older Kernel using drbd 8.0.14

Any hint on how to fix this?

Here is the relevant part of drbd.conf:

on jupiter1 {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/sda3;
    address    192.168.0.203:7788;
    flexible-meta-disk  internal;
}

on jupiter2 {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sda3;
    address   192.168.0.204:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
}

Regards

Sven

--
Software patents are the software project equivalent of land mines: Each
design decision carries a risk of stepping on a patent, which can destroy