[DRBD-user] DRBD Vs RAID

Qwerty-1 umakantgoyal1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 05:51:26 CET 2010

Hi Mark,

Thanks, what i understood that, to replicate the data locally we need RAID
(RAID helps to decide which data need to be replicated). But if we want to
replicate the date over network then we need DRBD with RAID. In later case,
DRBD will help to transfer data over network (other machine) by making TCP
connectiong and RAID will help to decide which data needs to be replicated.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks