Note: "permalinks" may not be as permanent as we would like,
direct links of old sources may well be a few messages off.
Hi guys. Have some updates and more info for you. While trying to tackle the problem from dif. angles, I installed plain HDD in one of the servers and put XS 5.6 FP1 on it, also gave DRBD /dev/sda3 on the same drive. Before server booted from flash card (perhaps not fast enough to capture crash info) and data was on RAID volumes. This time around I was able to see what happened behind "sunshine screen" (also got crash and other logs generated). <1>BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000004 <1>IP: [<c01b9abc>] bio_free+0x2c/0x50 <4>*pdpt = 00000004fe3ed027 *pde = 0000000000000000 <0>Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP <0>last sysfs file: /sys/class/net/lo/carrier I'm attaching snapshot of "OOPS" and a few log files hoping this will shed some light on what's really causing this and how to fix it.. As I understand this problem was confirmed by Jodok (or maybe it's dif. issue).. Any thoughts? On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Rom Zhe <zherom at gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I spent almost 2 days trying to get DRBD working with XenServer 5.6 FP1. > Compiled DRBD 8.3.81 and 8.3.9 on new XS DDK VM (kernel 18.104.22.168-0.7.1) > and at first thought everything was good.. > But after setting up 2 nodes, syncing both and getting ready to call it a > day decided to check the speed. > dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/drbd1 bs=256M count=1 oflags=direct > and... immediately got the "sunshine" screen (the one we see when XS boots > up). Complete server lockup. No network, no kb or mouse.. > After hard reset no signs of any troubles. Server boots up just fine. logs > don't have anything special. > Later found out it's not just "dd" that brings up the sunshine, fdisk -l > /dev/drbd1 and pvs also cause the same sudden freeze. > Tried giving DRBD whole disk (/dev/sdb) or partition (/dev/sdb1) - no dif. > if I do "service stop drbd" - all is good. > I can fdisk or dd backing device - no problem. These servers were working > fine with XS 5.5, 5.6 and DRBD 8.3.81, I ran multiple throughput/latency > tests before (against /dev/drbd1) on both and all was good.. > I tried drbd device in Primary/Secondary, in primary stand alone and got > tired of hard-resetting after each 'sunshine'. > Exhausted all other "what if I try this" options, online searches didn't > help much either. > Everything points to drbd-km module and I'd like to ask if anybody have > seen this before or has any suggestions. > Perhaps there is something about kernel 22.214.171.124 or some settings I need > to adjust for ./configure when compiling drbd? > While nodes are syncing - all seems good. No I/O errors, speed is about 90% > compared to direct disk access. > Any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks! > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/attachments/20101221/2ee7a3a8/attachment.htm> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: crash-reports.zip Type: application/zip Size: 103337 bytes Desc: not available URL: <http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/attachments/20101221/2ee7a3a8/attachment.zip> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: FP1-DRBD_OOPs.JPG Type: image/jpeg Size: 338192 bytes Desc: not available URL: <http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/attachments/20101221/2ee7a3a8/attachment.jpeg>