[DRBD-user] DRBD questions

nash_nash jigs2410 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:19:15 CEST 2010

Hi ,

I am new to DRBD as well as Linux.

While going through DRBD set up steps i figured that i need to create a
partition and mount it. And also try to allocate space for meta-data.

My question 1) is it possible to do this on a server which is already
running in development mode. OR do i need to start from scratch?

2) Can i copy 2 directories over to redundant server for e.g. /home/xxx/yyy
and /opt/zzz ?

3) Is it possible to have the directories of different size on primary and
secondary server?

Please let me any other information is required .I would appreciate any
help/tips.

Thanks