[DRBD-user] oos > 0 again, and again every week

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 28 11:34:48 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 03:06:09AM -0400, sylarrrrrrr at aim.com wrote:

>  Hi
>

> In /proc/drbd, I get oos:500 about every week. I get it after I run
> verify. After that I restart the secondary, and get oos:0, and then
> verify pass fine with oss:0. But after a week I get oos:500 again.
> When I write 500, I mean about 500, every week the number is a bit
> different. I have ocfs2 on top of drbd that is on top of lvm that is
> on top of mdadm raid5. My meta data is on top of an lvm that is on top
> of a separate single disk. My meta data is a 47MB partition of which
> 44MB? is used by LVM. I didn't touch any of the default sizes for
> anything of the underlying systems. I know that mdadm chunk size is
> 64kb. Lvm PE is 4MB. drbd version is 8.3.2rc2
>

> Is this a serious problem?

It _may_ be indicative of a problem.

some threads around that topic:

What causes nodes to become out-of-sync?
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network.drbd/15430/

Behaviour of verify: false positives -> true positives
 (gmane of this seems currently broken,
  but there are more archives.)
 http://marc.info/?l=drbd-dev&m=122112577026196&w=2
 http://marc.info/?l=drbd-dev&m=122112583726317&w=2