[DRBD-user] cluster degraded with peimary inconsistent

maurizio oggiano oggiano.maurizio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:14:07 CEST 2009

Hi,
I have two HOST configured in "Single primary Node". Both hosts are aligned.
If the primary is switched off, the secondary, by means of heartbeat becomes
Primary. When the died node is resumed a resync is started from the primary
node to the resumed node.
Why is  the resync performed even if both nodes are aligned ?
Is there some way to avoid resync ?
Moreover if this resync is interrupted,( for me is the main problem)
because the primary node dies, the
degraded cluster cannot perform his funcions, because the alive node cannot
become primary because its resourse state is inconsistent.
Is there a way to perform, in this case, a roll back to the latest
consistent resource state?
Thanks
Maurizio