[DRBD-user] (drbd-8.3.6.tar.gz)

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Nov 9 11:06:51 CET 2009

Hi,

I am writing this announcement just for sake of completeness. The only
reason for the 8.3.6 release are the new spec files for the RPM packages.
These are now compliant with Fedora's packaging guidelines.

The changes to the code are negligible.

In that process, the whole way of building DRBD was changed. I.e. you
need now to call ./configure before you call make.

Upgrade policy:
  If you are at 8.3.5, please stay there, no need to upgrade!

We do not (yet) provide binary packages for our customers, because we have
to adjust our build infrastructure first.

Note:
  The DRBD Users Guide's section on RPM building will get updated soon.
  As it is now, it is wrong for building 8.3.6 RPMs.

8.3.6 (api:86/proto:86-91)
--------
 * Make sure that we ship all unplug events
 * Introduced autoconf, new RPM packaging

http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.3/drbd-8.3.6.tar.gz
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=tag;h=drbd-8.3.6
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.