[DRBD-user] How to reproduce 0.7.24 behavior in 8.3.1

Maxim Vladimirsky horkhe at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:10:48 CEST 2009

Hi Everybody,

We have been using DRBD 0.7.24 for very long time. But the time for upgrade
has finally come. So DRBD 8.3.1 was installed and drbd.conf adjusted.
However now DRBD behaves differently when primary node gets rebooted. When
we were running DRBD 0.7.24 and the primary node went down the secondary one
took over primary role, and when the faulty node got up it became secondary.
Now when we are running DRBD 8.3.1 if primary node goes down the secondary
one still takes over, but when the faulty node gets up, both nodes go in
stand-alone mode breaking the cluster in pieces.

I guess that we made a mistake in our drbd.conf file. Could please someone
advise where it is. Our configuration file is as follows:

global {
    usage-count no;
}
resource shared {
    protocol C;
    handlers {
        pri-on-incon-degr "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 15
; halt -f";
    }
    startup {
        wfc-timeout 1;