[DRBD-user] meta-disk errors

Yonnys Pablo Martin Olivera ypmartin at uci.cu
Thu May 7 22:54:27 CEST 2009

Hi I am new to this topic DRBD and all problems in the initial setup, I stopped a concern about the parameter of the meta-disk configuration DRBD. What we now call my interest is interest is my disk physical space needed to perform this replication.
For example I want to replicate an LVM partition made of two GB.
when it is installed file system (ext3) and restart the service this error appears:

angel:/home/anyelon# drbdadm create-md r-cluster
md_offset 1073737728
al_offset 1073704960
bm_offset 1073672192

Found ext3 filesystem which uses 1048576 kB
current configuration leaves usable 1048508 kB

Device size would be truncated, which
would corrupt data and result in
'access beyond end of device' errors.
You need to either
   * use external meta data (recommended)
   * shrink that filesystem first
   * zero out the device (destroy the filesystem)
Operation refused.

Command 'drbdmeta /dev/drbd0 v08 /dev/datos/cluster internal create-md' terminated with exit code 40
drbdadm aborting

this is my configuration of virtual group
angel:/home/anyelon# vgdisplay
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               datos
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        1
  Metadata Sequence No  2
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                1
  Open LV               0
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                1
  Act PV                1
  VG Size               2.00 GB
  PE Size               4.00 MB
  Total PE              511
  Alloc PE / Size       256 / 1.00 GB
  Free  PE / Size       255 / 1020.00 MB
  VG UUID               Ud9n9Q-T9Iz-IpES-kKRv-mqn2-S8Wd-WaxzY7

How much space must I have to replicate this size by example???????
Please Help me

Regards,
Angel Pablo Martin Olivera

Software Student