[DRBD-user] DRBD w/SSD

Mikiya Okuno Mikiya.Okuno at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 5 10:48:01 CET 2009

Hi,

I've read the post at MySQL Performance Blog: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/03/02/ssd-xfs-lvm-fsync-write-cache-barrier-and-lost-transactions/

This article concludes that enabling write cache on SSD may lose the latest data upon system crash, but disabling write cache may reduce performance. Has anyone used SSD as underlying disk for DRBD? Of course, DRBD can achieve less chance to lose data even if write cache is used, I'm wondering if the blog post can be a great endorsement for DRBD users :)

Kind regards,
--
Mikiya Okuno, MySQL Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems KK, Tokyo, Japan