[DRBD-user] Packages and Security Updates for Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (codename Hardy)

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Wed Mar 4 14:19:22 CET 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009, Peter Funk wrote:
> I don't want to put the whole linux-ubuntu-modules package on hold in
> the package management system  because this would prevent any future
> Linux kernel security updates from http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
> from being installed.
> My question is:  What is the recommended best practice to deal with
> this conflict if I want to follow the recommendations posted on this
> list here and want to use a newer version of DRBD?

I had the same problem and solved it using a dkms based package for the
kernel module. Please find the relevant source and binary (for i368)
packages attached to the private email copy (tarred up for convenience).
You can easily rebuild the source package for your platform using
pbuilder like this: sudo pbuilder --build drbd8_8.0.13-0ubuntu4.dsc

Cheers,
	Florian

--
DI Florian Hackenberger