[DRBD-user] DRBD - on ARM (armel)

Nick Liebmann nickdrbd at alfiecam.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 11:08:01 CEST 2009

Philipp Reisner wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 June 2009 23:49:10 Nick Liebmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Philipp,
>>
>> I have spent a bit more time looking into this. I am now working from
>> the latest version of the git repository, which seems to have had your
>> changes applied.
>>
>> I have gone back to basics, since I was concered I was feeding you
>> mis-information.
>>

> [...]
>
> Please correct me if I got something wrong:
> * You used the latest sources from GIT
> * If you use the "drbdadm up" command you get
>
> 0: Failure: (126) UnknownMandatoryTag
>  Command 'drbdsetup 0 net XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:7788 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:7788 C
>  --set-defaults --create-device --allow-two-primaries
>  --after-sb-0pri=discard-zero-changes --after-sb-1pri=discard-secondary
>  --after-sb-2pri=disconnect' terminated with exit code 10
>
> Jun 16 22:34:20 nasty kernel: block drbd0: Unknown tag: 3526
>

> * If you use the drbdsetup commands one by one, it works.

It works better.....

However I am unable to issue this command

nasty:~# drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary r0
0: State change failed: (-2) Refusing to be Primary without at least one
UpToDate disk
Command 'drbdsetup 0 primary --overwrite-data-of-peer' terminated with
exit code 17

Which worked on the previous version, and obviously is required in order
to do my first time sync.
I wondered if the two issues were connected, and perhaps symptomatic of
another, underlying issue.