[DRBD-user] Doubt!

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes at selbetti.com.br
Tue Jul 28 12:46:15 CEST 2009

Hi

thanks for reply
this what I do, actually..

My doubt is why when I create some files on node-2, when drbd device
turn back to primary node, the file do not appear.????

I use heartbeat as well...And I do not mount the drbd device at the same
time in two hosts...

The drbd device is only mounted in secondary hosts, when primary hosts
has fail...

So, the heartbeat on secondary host, mount the right drbd device for
me...

Then I go to partition where drbd device is mount and create some
files...

Then, when the primary node back, the heartbeat mount drbd device
again... But all files that I create when drbd device is mounted on
secondary hosts, is not there...

WHY!!!

Thanks

Em Ter, 2009-07-28 às 09:21 +0100, Mark Watts escreveu:
> On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 10:45 -0300, Gilberto Nunes wrote:
> > Hi everybody
> >
> > I have some doubt here...
> > I deply two virtual server (KVM) with Ubuntu 9.04
> > I had install drbd via apt-get.
> > Everything is work fine...
> > I had two nodes, node-A and node-B.
> > I can turn node-B as primary and return node-A as a primary...
> > I can mount /dev/drbd0 on node-A and node-B as well...
> > But, when I write some files on node-B, on mounted /dev/drbd0, when I
> > turn back node-A as a primary, on I had write on node-B do not appear on
> > node-A!! :|
> >
> > I do not any ideia what is going on!!!
>
> DRBD replicates blocks from one device to another, across a network.
> It does not know anything about the filesystem, so you MUST use a
> cluster-aware filesystem (GFS/GFS2 or OCFS2) if you want to mount the
> DRBD device on both servers at the same time.
>
> EXT3 is NOT cluster-aware, and you will LOOSE DATA if you try and mount
> an EXT3 DRBD filesystem on both servers at the same time.
>
> If you are just looking for Active/Passive fail-over, with a replicated
> EXT3 partition, then you can use DRBD with heartbeat to achieve this.
> Heartbeat will ensure that only one device has the partition mounted at
> any one time.
>
> The DRBD users guide gives comprehensive details on using DRBD with
> Heartbeat: http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-heartbeat.html
>

> Mark.

Gilberto Nunes Ferreira
TI