[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.3.1 linux 2.6.27.25-highmem Crash

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Fri Jul 3 12:08:26 CEST 2009

> > > During normal operation everything is fine. But if I fire up a new drbd
> > > device (drbdadm up res or drbdadm adjust res) sometimes (about 1 out of
> > > ten times) the machine crashes with kernel panic.
[...]
> > Last night I configured aroung 40 new drbd devices on the production
> > machine and got a crash after about 35 configured devices. I made a
> > screenshot from my kvm screen during the crash:
[...]
> This is of course very interesting, but that partial call trace is
> unfortunately useless.

I have to correct myself. That partial stack trace was sufficient to track
the issue down in the end.

Here is the patch, that fixes the issue.

-Phil
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.