[DRBD-user] Kernel Panic

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Jan 29 12:39:53 CET 2009

On 2009-01-28T10:49:25, Igor Neves <igor at 3gnt.net> wrote:

> Pid: 8329, comm:       drbd0_receiver
> EIP: 0060:[<c0608e1b>] CPU: 3
> EIP is at _spin_lock_irqsave+0x13/0x27
>  EFLAGS: 00000282    Tainted: GF      (2.6.18-92.1.22.el5PAE #1)

The tainted F flag means that a module was forced into the kernel,
despite its symbol type checksums indicating that they do not match the
running kernel.

Basically, when that happens, all bets are completely off. That can and
will cause data corruption, which can manifest itself in random ways,
and in places seemingly unrelated to the module loaded.

Any reputable Linux vendor in the world will throw up their hands and
say "No way", or increase your bill tenfold ;-)

Can you retest this with a clean system?

Regards,
    Lars