[DRBD-user] One question about the scenario on the Primary node powered-off unexceptedly

Victor Hugo dos Santos listas.vhs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:38:55 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:45 PM, leishou yu <leishou.yu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have a cluster with two nodes based on DRBD 0.7.24.

[...]

> So, the Node 2 has more on-disk data  than Node 1.
> My question is:
> 1) Will Node 2 just make a backgroud resync to Node 1 for that unfinished
> write request?  or
> 2) Node 1 makes Node 2 to drop the result of that unfinished write request
> (Node 1 resync Node 2)?

If Node2 is setup as Primary (and data is changed in it???), so:

- Node1 is UP and connect with Node2
- Node1 for default startup is connected in secondary mode
- Node1 receive data from Node2

If Node1 is setup in primary mode in the same time that Node2, but
without connection betwenn both, so:

- Node1 is UP and connect with Node2
- Node1 for default startup is connected in secondary mode
- DRBD detect split-brian situation and NOT synchronize data in none direction.
- Intervention of Admin is need for resolve split-brian.

bye

Victor Hugo dos Santos
Linux Counter #224399