[DRBD-user] Kernek module vs patch

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Feb 11 17:33:11 CET 2009

On 02/09/2009 10:54 PM, Serge Fonville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking into DRBD for a while now and everywhere I see
> references to how to use the kernel module.
> The documentations states the module is the recommended way.
> The init-scripts seem geared towards the use of the kernel module.
> Unfortunately, I found no explanation as to why this is.
>
> What are the reasons to prefer one over the other?

Well among other things, people (including myself, btw) seem to like
being able to avoid a reboot when just moving to a new DRBD version.
Don't you?

Cheers,
Florian

--
When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.

LINBIT® and DRBD® are registered trademarks of LINBIT.