[DRBD-user] Kernek module vs patch

Serge Fonville serge.fonville at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 22:54:32 CET 2009

Hi,
I have been looking into DRBD for a while now and everywhere I see
references to how to use the kernel module.
The documentations states the module is the recommended way.
The init-scripts seem geared towards the use of the kernel module.
Unfortunately, I found no explanation as to why this is.

What are the reasons to prefer one over the other?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Serge Fonville