[DRBD-user] Can DRBD 8 synchronise SDA1?

Serge Fonville serge.fonville at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 18:06:04 CET 2009

If you want an exact copy of a filesystem, you can use dd instead.
For example:
Say you have a file system that contain data only.
you can create a 'backup' of that filesystem using dd:
dd if=$SOURCEFILESYSTEM of=$DESTINATIONFILE
afterwards, you 'restore' the file system using
dd if=$SOURCEFILE of=DESTINATIONDRBDDEVICE
This is very basic dd, read the man pages for more options
For 'if' and 'of' any block device and file you can read from (if) and write
to (of) can be used

Then you can use this image to restore to a drbd resource

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Serge Fonville