[DRBD-user] Bad network connection causing DRBD to freeze

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Feb 3 16:09:37 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 03:52:30PM +0100, Rainer Sabelka wrote:

> > > I just tried this on a pair of test machines (with ko-count=5).
> > > But DRBD always tries to reconnect.
> >
> > hm.  it should not.
> > if ko-count reaches zero, DRBD is supposed to go StandAlone.
>
> This would be fine.
> Basiclaclly this is what I do manually now. If users complain that the server
> "hangs" I say "drbdadm disconnect all".
>
> > you say it just does a disconnect/reconnect cycle.
> > guess we have to have a look at this more closely.
>
> Hmm. When ko-count reaches zero my DRBD goes to "Timeout", then to
> "Unconnected", and again to "WFConnection", and the cycle continues.

right.
"bug" in drbd.
that used to be like I described above.  apparently this is a regression
(no longer works as I think we intended it), we'll discuss this and
probably fix it to work again as I described above.

so for now,
best you can do is to externally monitor the connection quality,
and disconnect if quality is insufficient.

--
: Lars Ellenberg