[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.2.5 to 8.3.0 upgrade with make PREFIX=/usr/local/drbd error: symlink(/usr/local/drbd/etc/drbd.conf, /var/lib/drbd//drbd-minor-1.conf): No such file or directory

Johannes Thoma johannes.thoma at linbit.com
Mon Feb 2 14:19:49 CET 2009

On Friday 30 January 2009 05:22:14 pm GAUTIER Hervé wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Well, I don't know what is this /var/lib/drbd directory, but here is a
> patch in order to take in account the "make PREFIX=" command
>
> Tell me if it is OK for you.
>
> And so, last question, what is the aim of this directory ? I have seen
> drbdadm create symbolic link to the configuration file, but why ?

Drbdadm keeps track of in which config file which DRBD minor resource
is configured. The reason is that DRBD may send user space events (like before-
sync-target) and drbdadm then needs to find the configuration file (which may be
non-default if the -c switch is used) by the minor number.

Hope that answers your question ...

- Johannes

--
: DI. Johannes Thoma                              Tel +43-1-8178292-62 :
: Vivenotgasse 48, A-1120 Vienna/Europe   http://www.linbit.com :