[DRBD-user] Primary not disconnecting Secondary with IO, problems (Was: Re: drbd-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 4)

Jeff Orr jorr at attributor.com
Fri Dec 4 10:36:15 CET 2009

Whoops, guess I fixated on one aspect of the problem. Specifically, the
"I/O errors on the secondary stop I/O on the primary". I was thinking
that NFS problems were affecting one or both hosts. I don't think the
master will ever deliberately disconnect from the secondary, unless a
split-brain occurs.

Can you go into more detail about what you mean by "stops I/O on the
primary"? Do I/O requests to the DRBD volume start failing? Does the
primary freeze/act odd in any other way?