[DRBD-user] swap server with only the metadata - possible?

Stefan Priebe - allied internet ag s.priebe at allied-internet.ag
Tue Dec 1 12:00:41 CET 2009

Hi!

I've two servers running DRBD and i would like to swap one server. Is
this possible without duplicating / copying the whole drbd device?

My idea was to dump the metadata of the old one and to reimport them
into the new one.

Then attach the new one to the still running machine.

Is this working? Does the new machine then automatically start syncing
from the online machine?

Thanks!

Regards,
Stefan